2019 Design Excellence Award Competition
Welcome to the 2019 Design Excellence Awards Competition
Regular pricing period from March 15 through May 15, 2019, 9:00 pm.
- All participants must have an active California Peninsula Chapter of ASID membership.
- Projects must have been completed no earlier than January 1, 2013.
- Must be an active ASID Student member on January 1, 2019 to submit in a Student category.
- Entry fees are due at time of entry and are non-refundable.
- Projects and entry fees must be submitted digitally through the Design Awards Network.
- All entries must be actual, physically installed projects, except Student and Best Use Of Product.
- Up to 5 before photos and 10 after photos may be uploaded. All photos must be submitted in .jpg format with a 300 dpi resolution and a file size of min. 2 Mb (4 Mb preferred) and max.10 Mb. each.
- Projects that have previously won an ASID CA Peninsula Chapter Design Excellence Award are ineligible for re-entry. Projects previously submitted that did not receive a Design Excellence Award are permitted, but entry must contain new information (e.g. photos, plans, or elevations).
- Projects may be entered in more than one category or as a whole house project, but not both. Unique images are required for each entry.
- For category descriptions, see Design Categories.
- Photography Release Form and Owner Permission Form have to be submitted with project.
- Industry Partners must also submit the Designer Permission Form (IP).
- Submissions must not bear any logos, insignias, watermarks, writing, or any other marks that identify their authorship. Failure to comply will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fees.
- Projects will be scored anonymously online by design professionals not belonging to the California Peninsula Chapter. This includes members of other ASID chapters, as well as other qualified architects, builders, and educators.
- Projects will be judged strictly on a point system based on clarity and quality of the presentation, appropriateness of the design solution, and the successful integration of the elements of design. See the Judging Criteria for more information on how the scores will be allocated.
Judges shall remain anonymous and reserve the right to not award a winner in any one category should the score for any entry not meet the minimum required points.